Time to chose the things that make
your bed unique and "made for you"
"Made to Order"
means you can customize your bed
to your particular needs!
Your first choice, or course, is color, but after that you can
make your bed taller, shorter, longer, and/or wider
- Our beds are made from natural Southern Yellow Pine, which has a beautiful grain and takes stain well. All the natural knots and other imperfections in the wood add to its beauty when a quality stain is applied.
- Many stain colors are available -- from "Natural" (which just brings out the grain of the wood without changing its original color), to the spicy orange-red of "Colonial Maple," to the quiet deep browns of "Provincial," to the sunny yellow-brown of "Golden Oak," and to the fashionable black of "Ebony."
- To see the standard (free) stain color options, try the following link to the Minwax company headquarters where you will find twenty-four color choices! Click here for Stain Colors
Note: Stain colors is often lighter than shown on the pictures
Minwax® Wood Finish™ Stain Colors: No Charge (included)
(there are other varieties of Minwax® stains,
they frequently require a stain test and also a small extra charge)
- You may also choose to have your bed painted for a reasonable charge. We try to use the Bahr Premium Plus Ultra when possible, it has the primer built in and allows better color with the same number of coats. It adds two-three days to the production time, but it allows you to custom match your bed exactly to your room decor.
Custom Paint Colors: $125 for the Bed and $50 for any Accessories
- includes 1 gal of Bahr Premium Paint.
Dimensions - Would you like it Taller? / Shorter? / Wider? / Longer?
- You might wonder why anyone would want to change the normal layout of the bed. Well, there are a few times when it is in order to customize a bed. The beauty of "made to order" is that these are all possibilities, not impossibilities. Here are a few reasons to change the size of a bed:
- Taller: You will notice back on the "Lofts and Individuals" page that we make both a Loft Bed and a Tall Loft Bed. The regular Loft Bed offers plenty of playing room underneath, but it may be too low for the desk and chair your teens may want to use for an "office." We can raise the height of the standard loft as much as 10" without putting the bed too close to the ceiling (in a standard bedroom). If you have a house with high ceilings or a cathedral ceiling, you might want to raise it even further. Using the same technique on a Standard Bunk Bed will get you a little more room between the two beds.
- Shorter: Sometimes folks have a shorter ceiling (such as in a basement room) and it just makes sense to make the Standard Bunk Bed a little lower. Or some folks want a Loft Bed for a small child. They want to keep him or her closer to the floor for safety's sake, so they order a shorter Loft Bed.
- Wider: Most Bunk Beds are twin-size. That works for most people. But, then, some people like to sleep on a full-size bed, or even a queen-size. We can make Bunk Beds or even Single Beds in both of the wider sizes, too. Whether you're making room for two people or just looking for more room to stretch out, we can accommodate you!
- Longer: OK, the standard twin-size mattress fits most young people. But what about that son or daughter of yours that is stretching to six feet or more? What do you do then? Well, they make a twin-extra-long mattress -- and we can make the bed to fit the mattress! (which is as long as a queen mattress) Another reason to stretch the length of a bed is to allow space for a headboard in the bed frame.
- Other? Maybe you've got a reason we didn't mention. If so, we'll do our best to meet your need -- and we usually can!