Will my bed be guaranteed?
- Yes, we guarantee our beds for a full FIVE years. Anything that goes wrong with the bed because of a defect in the material or workmanship will be replaced free of charge. While damage from abuse is not covered in this guarantee, any damage will be considered for replacement with the customer's best interest in mind.
- And if delivery and/or setup was purchased with the original bed, the new part will get the same treatment. If anything goes wrong after the five years it will be on your dime, but all parts can be replaced with the same finish as the original bed, and we keep records of every sale, so you don't need to remember the color, we do that for you!
Can I see a model bed before I make a decision?
- Of course! We have a model set up in our home. Just call (763) 639-7425 for an appointment. We'll do everything we can to accommodate your schedule. We live in Stanchfield, MN -- Just North of Cambridge.
Will my bed be sturdy enough for big kids or adults?
- We've said it about every way that we can, but the best reason to buy one of our beds is that they are STURDY. You can buy sturdy beds in the great big world of bedroom furniture, but they cost a lot more than ours do. Or you can match our price out there in that big world, but you generally will not find those beds to be very STURDY.
- How do we beat out others on sturdiness? We use thicker lumber, professional hardware, and a rugged design which was first developed over 50 years ago and has been fine-tuned ever since.
What can you tell me about the quality of your beds?
- When you buy one of our beds, we'll give you the very best quality we can. Since we build our beds ourselves, we control the quality. From the selection of the lumber to the preparation and finishing of each board, and finally the assembly of the end sections, each step is done with care and professionalism. - Besides that, the guy who answers the phone when you call is the same guy who does quality control on your bed and then helps you load your pickup or van when you arrive to take delivery, or delivers and/or sets up your bed. That's quality with a personal touch!
How quickly will my bed be ready?
- My dad used to say, "In a business you can offer three things: speed, a low price, and quality -- and you can have any two of the three!" Here at JK Bunk Beds Etc, we try to offer all three with every order. But as the saying goes, "anything worth doing is worth doing well", and our primary goal is to provide a high-quality bed, which means no shortcuts. We will also do everything we can to meet any deadline you have on your bed, but the quality of each customer's order comes first. As for our prices, they speak for themselves! And feel free to see what quality you can get elsewhere for the prices that we offer.
- Because the volume of orders can very from time to time, the completion times also very; so if you give us a call we will let you know the estimated time for completion, but if you need it sooner, just ask. We'll do our best. So, if your child's birthday is just around the corner, or you have company coming ...
- That's pretty good for "Made to Order"! We don't stock beds in our shop, so you can't just walk in and buy one, but if you can wait a few weeks, we'll get you an economical, quality, STURDY bed that is "just what the doctor ordered."
Really, how many choices do I have for a bed?
- Because we build to order, we can do many things others can't. We can tweak our beds so that they are a little taller, a little shorter, a little wider, or a little longer -- and you don't have to wait six months because you asked for something different. If it's possible, we'll try to do it.
- Shop your closest department store, and you can find a bunk bed in any color you like -- as long as you like golden oak, or maybe walnut. Or maybe you go online and you find some bed furniture available in two or three standard colors -- oak, maple, and maybe cherry. Only problem is, you've got dark wood furniture in your bedroom, or all of your trim is painted white. "Made to Order" at Bunk Beds, Etc., means that your new bed can match your other furniture or your trim as close as possible. (I cannot guarantee an exact match because each piece of wood stains slightly differently, but it should be close.)
Will my bed be safe for my children?
- The number-one goal of JK Bunk Beds Etc is to make each and every bed as safe as we can, and that's why we stick to the design that we have for our beds. It is a tried and true design for around forty years, and it was in compliance with safety regulations long before they were mandatory.
- The bed you buy from JK Bunk Beds, Etc., is in full compliance with the rules set out by our government to protect you. Every bed meets the safety requirements set out in the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission Standards which became mandatory in June, 2000. We are also in compliance with the new regulations set out in the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Act of 2008. Beside that, we carefully choose wood products so that your children will be safe in bed -- even if they're being kind of rowdy there! That's another reason to have a STURDY bunk bed.
How hard is it to assemble the bed after I get it?
- Even if you put these beds together yourself, you will find it to be simple and straightforward. All you need is a screwdriver and a power drill. (You can do it by hand, but we recommend a cordless or corded drill to make the process faster.) We even supply you with the drill bit driver you need. The Standard Bunk Bed has just twelve small screws and 32 bolts. The ladder assembly on both ends of the bed is already assembled in our shop so that it is straight, true, and STURDY.
Can I get matching accessories?
- After you use your bed for awhile, you might want to come back for some accessories -- like drawers, or a desk, or a headboard. As our list of accessories grows, maybe you will also want a bookshelf, or a dresser, or ??
Well, you can come back several years from now and we can stain your new piece of furniture to exactly match the bed you originally purchased. How about that?
Are replacement parts available for my bed?
- Over time, the natural wood products we used for your bed might show some wear or deterioration, or maybe one of your children or grandchildren will apply his teeth to one of the bed rails (that has happened!). Good news! Just pick up the phone and call us. Any individual piece on our beds can be replaced independently, and we can make you a new part and match it to the exact color that you originally had. We even keep a record of the color so you don't have to. And ... you don't have to pay to have those parts shipped in from a distance because you bought your bed locally.
Can I have my bed delivered and assembled?
- Yes, that's just one more choice you have with JK Bunk Beds, Etc. You can choose to pick up your bed at our shop and put it together yourself, or we will be glad to deliver it and/or assemble it for you. (There is a reasonable charge for our travel and time, of course.)